Feb 6, 2022

Early January Snow at ISO 800

As I write this in the first week of February, I'm starting to look toward a change of the season just another month or so. We'll be getting out of the frigid weather and into milder temperatures at that time, and on to spring time. 

It was just about a month ago, the first week of January, when we had a snow storm blow through the area. I ventured out to a local hiking trail park near the Columbia River. It had been eons since I had shot anything significant. I loaded up the A-1 with some Ilford HP5+ and set the dial to ISO 800.  Sadly, the sun never made it out from behind the clouds, so none of these really show the lingering light that happens in January at the 45th parallel. Still, it was good to get out and shoot. I also attached the power winder just to automate things a bit. I was a little worried the 25°F temps might slow it down a bit, but it seemed to work like a champ from first frame to last. Also, the 28mm angle of view seems to work perfectly for a few of these. That lens was a great investment last year.

We still have a few weeks where we might get some snow. If that happens, I will try to get to one of my other usual haunts to get a few frames in. If not, this will need to be my one and only post for the winter season. And I'd be ok with that.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Real people only, please. No spambots or other nefarious creatures allowed in here.

Final Post